MAKE THE FIRST IMPRESSION COUNT
The majority of home buyers begin their search online. It is imperative that your property looks clean and inviting.
So, your agent has scheduled a professional photo shoot...
Follow these tips to make your home look its very best. This is the best way to make your home sell quickly and maximize the sale price.
(Click to enlarge images)
- Move vehicles from driveway and away from the front of home.
- Place trash bins inside garage or out of sight.
- Clean windows and mirrors.
- Mow and landscape yard.
- Put away toys and bikes.
- Make sure ALL exterior lights work.
- Clean and arrange outside furniture to highlight outside living areas.
- Sweep or spray off driveway, sidewalks, decks, and patios.
- Remove cobwebs from eaves and door frames.
- Remove visible water hoses.
- Remove everything hanging on refrigerator.
- Remove items above cabinets.
- Clear counter tops of any small appliances and clutter.
- Clear sink of cleaning supplies and dishes.
- Clean appliances.
- Hide trashcan.
- Make sure all beds are made and rooms are cleaned.
- Remove any personal items from view.
- Remove items from bedside table top.
- Remove items under bed that may show in photos.
- Close closet doors.
- Close all toilet seat lids.
- Remove all personal hygiene products from showers and sinks.
- Clean mirrors and counter tops.
- Check towel racks. Only use clean, folded towels.
- Hide cleaning brushes and trashcan.
- Use full rolls of toilet paper.
- Turn all ceiling fans OFF. They will create a motion blur in your photos.
- Turn all inside and outside lights ON, including overhead lights and lamps.
- Make sure all lamp shades are straight.
- Hide cables and cords.
- Check all fixtures for burned out bulbs and replace broken ones.
- Open all drapes and blinds.
- Open doors between rooms to give an open feeling when possible.
- Place all pets in a comfortable room that will not be photographed, such as the laundry room or basement.
- Remove all evidence of pets including water and food bowls, beds, and toys.
- Use lint roller on furniture to remove pet hair.
- Remove floor mats and small rugs, especially on tile and wood floors.
- Remove family photos, personal collections, and posters.
- Remove small appliances, toys, magazines, and medications.
- Place all shoes and jackets in closets.
- Rearrange furniture to maximize space.
- Remove excess and over sized furniture, including exercise equipment.